Hi Mike

On Feb 17, 3:52 pm, Mike Christie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Joe Landman wrote:
> > Hi folks:
>
> >   I have a Ubuntu 7.10 machine with a 10 GbE card connected to a
>
> What target? Is this the open solaris one?

SCST-iSCSI in a 2.6.23.14 kernel.

> > target.  Same machine running Centos 5.1 connects with no problem to
> > target using 865 code.  Booting this machine into Ubuntu (2.6.22-14
>
> Do mean you are using the Centos 5.1 kernel driver with the userspace
> tools from 865? Or are you using the userapce and kernel modules from 865?

For the Centos load, this was the 5.1 kernel driver with the 865 user
space tools.

I didn't build the 868 for it, but could if needed.

> > kernel by default, though we have also verified that this fails in the
> > same way with a 2.6.23.14 kernel), and then attempting to log in to
> > the same target that just worked with the Centos load (on that same
> > machine), results in an immediate hard kernel lock.  No data to screen/
> > nothing in the logs.  Keyboard lights are flashing, but no real data
> > as to what is the cause is available.
>
> >   Any thoughts?  Any work arounds?  I have tried the 865, the 868
> > code.  Thanks.
>
> Are you using 865/868 kernel modules and userspace tools or just the
> usersapce tools with the iscsi modules from the 2.6.22-14 and 2.6.23.14
> kernels?

For the Ubuntu initiator, I tried 865 tools and 865 modules, 868 tools
and 868 modules.  Both combinations can do discovery, but as soon as
we try a login, we get a hard crash (no panic information).  Initiator
box is hard locked, with flashing keyboard LEDs.

I built 868 with additional debugging, and this didn't help (to get
error messages out).

I can try different kernels, but I observed this with 2.6.22-14
(baseline Ubuntu 7.10 load) as well as our special built 2.6.23.14.
We are using Trond's 2.6.23-ALL NFS patches.

Joe