Sparqz wrote:

> On Feb 29, 9:41 am, Mike Christie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Sparqz wrote:

>>> Turns out the hardware I've 'borrowed' for this testing doesn't have a
>>> bnx2 ethernet adapter, it's tg2 ...
>>> I'm trying the latest "semi-stable" from the open-iscsi website, and
>>> it _is_ stable, from my bonnie and bonnie++ tests, there's no SCSI
>>> errors.
>>> HOWEVER - the throughput is maybe 20~50% less?
>> There should not be any performance regressions. Are you using the
>> current open-iscsi.org code with the same 2.6.16.54-0.2.5-bigsmp kernel?
>
> open-iscsi-2.0-865.15.tar.gz + 2.6.16.54-0.2.5-smp (SLES 10 SP1)
>
> Were there any default parameters changed from open-iscsi-2.0-707 and
> open-iscsi-2.0-865 ?

None, that should affect you like how you are seeing. Could you try this
tarball
http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/mnc/open-iscsi/releases/open-iscsi.perftest.tar.bz2

And try it with different IO schedulers by doing
cat > /sys/block/sdb/queue/scheduler
echo $ONE_OF_THE_VALUES_FROM_THE_CAT > /sys/block/sdb/queue/scheduler

Please be carefull with the tarball. It is not stable, and just for a
quick performance test.