Bart Van Assche wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anyone here experience with letting the open-iscsi initiator
> connect to an iSCSI target system on which many (hundreds) of target
> have been configured ? From a certain number of targets on the
> open-iscsi initiator starts complaining that the buffer size is too
> small. Can I increase the 32768 byte buffer limit without recompiling
> open-iscsi ?

Do you see this error during discovery? What is the error exactly?

In http://www.open-iscsi.org/bits/open-iscsi-2.0-865.15.tar.gz you can set:

# To specify the maximum number of data bytes the initiator can receive
# in an iSCSI PDU from a target during a discovery session, edit the
# following line.
#
# The value is the number of bytes in the range of 512 to (2^24-1) and
# the default is 32768
#
discovery.sendtargets.iscsi.MaxRecvDataSegmentLength = 32768

Some targets have a limit of 64K and there is a bug where we do not
handle multiple pdus correctly.

In http://www.open-iscsi.org/bits/open-iscsi-2.0-869-rc2.tar.gz you can
set the same value and the pdu handling should be fixed.