Mike,

We're trying to solve a problem, but first the motivation: a user may
want to stop the InfiniBand modules (/etc/init.d/openibd stop) while
open-iscsi is running. In order to do that, we must remove ib_iser.

Now, the question: is it ok to modprobe -r ib_iser (or iscsi_tcp) before
stopping iscsid? From what I see in the init.d scripts in open-iscsi, we
kill iscsid first. Is there a reason for that?

Thanks,
Erez