Hello all,

I am trying to setup an iscsi root disk; googled instructions that
suggests to make changes to init in the initrd;  before doing so I
wanted to test the "iscsistart" CLI.  I am able to connect to my
target when I start the iscsi daemon via the:  service iscsi start.
However, I am unable to start using the iscsistart CLI:

iscsistart -i iqn.1994-05.com.redhat:a950ce57a2bb -t iqn.
2008-04.com.mycompany.lab:storage.rootdisk -g 1 -a 192.168.17.3 -d 8
iscsistart: Could not open /sys/module/scsi_transport_iscsi/version.

iscsistart: Missing or Invalid version from /sys/module/
scsi_transport_iscsi/version. Make sure a up to date
scsi_transport_iscsi module is loaded and a up todate version of
iscsid is running. Exiting...

Is there anything I'm missing?

BTW, is there a more recent "cookbook"/How2 on setting up an iscsi
root disk?

Thanks in advance