v i n c e wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I finally configured a proof-of-concept iSCSI target to export a root-
> FS and have an iSCSI initiator PXE boot into the root image ... all
> done in CentOS 5.1 for both target and root.
>
> I have been trying to read the docs and mans for the target as well as
> initiator configuration files, and I'm unable to somehow figure out
> how to (and if it is at all feasible) configure the following
> scenarios (please note my evironment is just a lab, so performance is
> not an issue, just a QA lab to configure for functional type testing):
>
> iSCSI target -->  CentOS with lots of storage and I was hoping to
> provide iSCSI root-images to many clients, they root-images will be
> available as follows, for example if I have 3 clients, I'll configure
> my root as:
> (where iscsiRootX is a dd file that contains a prep'edup root
> filesystem when client mounts the block device)
>
> Lun0 - /export/images/clienta/iscsiRootA
> Lun1 - /export/images/clientb/iscsiRootB
> Lun2 /export/images/clientc/iscsiRootC
>
> iSCSI initiator --> the server will PXE boot and its PXE configuration
> file will point to the appropriate Root-image, for example Lun0 - for
> clienta, Lun1 - for clientb, etc.
>
> But it seems that the /etc/ietd.conf file of the iscsi-target does not
> have parameters that let you specify on a "per LUN basis" a specific
> SCSI-initiator that solely can access it?

I do not think you can do this a the LUN level. I think IET lets you
config at the initiator or ipaddress level only. You should ask the IET
guys though.

If you just want to be able to make you can mount a specific disk
though, you can use mount by label or udev (I think you can use udev
with Centos but I am not 100% sure).