Konrad Rzeszutek wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 11:16:34AM -0500, Mike Christie wrote:
>> Konrad Rzeszutek wrote:
>>> With the 869-rc4 and a SLES10 SP2 kernel with the 869-rc4 drivers compiled
>>> out of
>>> the tree I can get:
>>>
>>> iscsid[27598]: segfault at 00002b4327f11000 rip 000000000040981b rsp
>>> 00007fff826f61a0 error 4
>>>
>>> when I run the 'iscsiadm -k 0' command.
>>>
>>> I haven't dug deep in this yet, but was wondering if somebody else has been
>>> seeing
>>> this peculiar behavior?
>> Are you running any sessions at the time? I have not seen this before.
>
> Yes. Let me play around with this some more.

Ok, just so you know the iscsid kill code is really fragile. As you know
  if sessions are running you do not want to normally kill iscsid. We
only do it during boot and during shutdown. If you kill iscsid while
sessions are being brought up or down we can end up with lots of
problems. We need to make iscsid's shutdown code more graceful and
handle cleanup whatever it is in the middle of doing (for example if it
is in the middle of logging in then we need to finish that or kill the
login so we do not leave sockets/eps in the kernel).