On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 04:33:42PM +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

> Konrad Rzeszutek schrieb:
> >> shmget(IPC_PRIVATE, 52, IPC_CREAT|IPC_EXCL|0644) = -1 ENOSYS (Function
> >> not implemented)
> >
> > What OS under Xen are you running that doesn't have the shm* commands
> > implemented?
> > That is your problem BTW.
>
> Yeah, it looks to me I'm missing some kernel option - I started from a
> very minimalistic .config.

I believe you need these:

CONFIG_SYSVIPC=y
CONFIG_SYSVIPC_SYSCTL=y
CONFIG_SYSVIPC_COMPAT=y

And obviously your glibc needs to be compiled with this support.

> I can't find the right one, though.
>

> BTW, why does it work in the foreground?

There are two forks in the iSCSI daemon - one handling the iSCSI parts and
another handling
asynchronously logging to syslog (or a file). The logging subsystem is normally
forked
and the iSCSI part would would use semaphores to pass logging information. If
you run the daemon
run it in the foreground it doesn't use the semaphores and synchronously passes
logging information.