Hello all,

I am just curious, I installed the open-iscsi (emerge sys-block/open-
iscsi).... various iscsi binaries are installed:

r04s23 scsi # iscsiadm -V
iscsiadm version 2.0-868
r04s23 scsi # iscsistart -v
iscsistart version 2.0-868
r04s23 scsi #

seems like it's ok ... then I try to start the daemon - /etc/init.d/
iscsi start and it seems like unlike other distros a startup script
was not automatically created  i did which:

which iscsid
/usr/sbin/iscsid
r04s23 scsi #

The binary seems to be there ...  running it does not seem to work -
and I did not see any of the modules installed ...

So I emerged search and noticed the following:

emerge --search iscsi
Searching...
[ Results for search key : iscsi ]
[ Applications found : 3 ]

*  sys-block/iscsi-initiator-core-tools [ Masked ]
      Latest version available: 2.3
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of files: 50 kB
      Homepage:      http://iscsi-initiator-core.org/
Initiator stack.
      License:       GPL-2

*  sys-block/iscsitarget
      Latest version available: 0.4.15-r1
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of files: 100 kB
      Homepage:      http://iscsitarget.sourceforge.net/
features
      License:       GPL-2

*  sys-block/open-iscsi
      Latest version available: 2.0.868_rc1
      Latest version installed: 2.0.868_rc1
      Size of files: 269 kB
      Homepage:      http://www.open-iscsi.org/
independent, multi-platform implementation of RFC3720
      License:       GPL-2

seems like the initiator-tools is not installed - so what is the
difference between the initiator-tools and open-iscsi?     I thought
the latter is a superset?

Finally, wouldn't the installation of these automatically also include
the necessary modules?  I do not see them in the usual /lib/modules/
<version>/<kernel>/drivers/scsi ??

thanks in advance,

Aspasia

Please advise.