MAKHU wrote:
> [...]
> FirstBurstLength: 65536
> MaxBurstLength: 262144
> ImmediateData: No
> InitialR2T: Yes
> MaxOutstandingR2T: 1
>
> ************************
> Attached SCSI devices:
> ************************
> Host Number: 62 State: running
>
> scsi62 Channel 00 Id 0 Lun: 0
> Attached scsi disk sdj          State: running
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> When i restared "iscsi daemon" on target machine.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# iscsiadm -m session -i
> iscsiadm version 2.0-742
> ************************************
> Session (sid 42) using module tcp:
> ************************************
> TargetName: Tar1
> Portal Group Tag: 1
> Network Portal: 192.168.7.71:3260
> iSCSI Connection State: LOGGED IN
> Internal iscsid Session State: NO CHANGE
>
> ************************
> Negotiated iSCSI params:
> ************************
> HeaderDigest: CRC32C
> DataDigest: CRC32C
> MaxRecvDataSegmentLength: 8192
> MaxXmitDataSegmentLength: 8192
> FirstBurstLength: 65536
> MaxBurstLength: 262144
> ImmediateData: No
> InitialR2T: Yes
> MaxOutstandingR2T: 1
>
> ************************
> Attached SCSI devices:
> ************************
> Host Number: 43 State: running
>
> scsi43 Channel 00 Id 0 Lun: 0
> Attached scsi disk sdi          State: running
>
> ************************************
> Session (sid 61) using module tcp:
> ************************************
> TargetName: iqn.2008-04.com.qualexsystems:Admin
> Portal Group Tag: 1
> Network Portal: 192.168.7.173:3260
> iSCSI Connection State: IN LOGIN
> Internal iscsid Session State: REPOEN
>
> ************************
> Negotiated iSCSI params:
> ************************
> HeaderDigest: None
> DataDigest: None
> MaxRecvDataSegmentLength: 8192
> MaxXmitDataSegmentLength: 8192
> FirstBurstLength: 65536
> MaxBurstLength: 262144
> ImmediateData: No
> InitialR2T: Yes
> MaxOutstandingR2T: 1
>
> ************************
> Attached SCSI devices:
> ************************
> Host Number: 62 State: running
>
> scsi62 Channel 00 Id 0 Lun: 0
> Attached scsi disk sdj          State: blocked
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> MY QUES. IS........
>
> After restarting target,Why disk becomes unused on the initiator side?
> Though disk remains as logged in,but becomes unusable.

We are not logged in though.

See this state:
 > iSCSI Connection State: IN LOGIN
 > Internal iscsid Session State: REPOEN

We are trying to reconnect to the iscsi target so the state is IN_LOGIN
instead of LOGGED_IN. Because we are not logged in we set the state of
the device to blocked so IO cannot be queued.

When you restart the target, the session is going to get dropped. We are
then going to block the devices and try to relogin (at this time you see
the iscsi and device state above in your second iscsiadm output run).

At this time, IO will not be executed on the device. It will be queue up
until

1. the connect is logged back in. When this happens we unblock the
devices and run IO.

2. If we cannot connect within node.session.timeo.replacement_timeout
seconds we will assume the connection is bad and fail all IO. In this
case you would see something about the recovery timeout expiring in the log.

Please read about the node.session.timeo.replacement_timeout in the
newer open-iscsi tarballs README.

> This was ur reply
>
> Could you resend this to the list, with an explanation of what
> restarting
> iscsid means. Did you leave sessions running, kill iscsid, then
> restart
> iscsid? If so when iscsid starts up it syncs up the sessions. It shows
> the
> device as blocked and the session as not logged in, because for some
> reason it cannot log back in (you would need to send some more log
> output
> to know why (maybe run iscsid with -d 8 when you restart it).
> I had tried both "iscsid with -d 8" and latest "initiator-target" pair

The reason for having you do iscsid -d 8 was so we could see why we
cannot log back in, so I was hoping you would send the output ;)