Maysara wrote:
> thank you mike, but im unable to figure out how to tell ietd what to
> return, but this is probably not the right place to ask anyway :)

Yeah, ask the ietd list :)

> I have another question, would it be sane/doable to have load
> distribution using that ? ie dns returns diffrent ips in a round robin

I guess you could do load balancing like that. I do not know if it sane
or doable. Targets like equallogic will take advanatage of this feature
in iscsi where the initiator will try to login to the target, the target
will then redirect us to the path it thinks it best. It will also log us
  out and then redirect us to a better portal when it thinks there is one.

What you suggest sounds similar. I do not know if you would want to do
it at the dns level.