Hi Mike,

>> What exactly does "iferror -22" mean?
>
> It just means that the kernel you are using is older than the userspace
> tools, so the userspace tools are trying to set a newer feature, but the
> kernel did not understand it.

Ok. No no big problems here.

> This:
>> May  8 19:43:18 xenhost2 iscsid: Nop-out timedout after 15 seconds on
>> connection 11:0 state (3). Dropping session.
>
> is the root problem. It means that the initiator could not reach the
> target for a while, so it dropped the session.

I really need holidays. The problem was home-made and I was totally
blind yesterday evening: A simple plain old annoying ip conflict on my
SAN nics was causing these problems.

>> My system is Debian Etch 64bit running open-iscsi 2.0.865-1 from debian
>> unstable. I am connecting to two PS400 from EqualLogic. I am running xen
>> 3.2 from etch-backports with the block-iscsi script from
>> http://xen.markmail.org/message/z74wb4ewxxmsyauu?q=block-iscsi .
>>

> what is the kernel version (do uname -a if you do not know).

For completeness: Linux xenhost2 2.6.18-6-xen-amd64 #1 SMP Thu Apr 24
05:10:26 UTC 2008 x86_64 GNU/Linux

The systems are running fine now again!

Thanks anyway for the help!

Regards,