Hi Mike,

the last issue is reported by another person - albert...., I initiated
this thread, I think we are getting similar symptoms/errors:

> What kernel are you using? I thought from the beginning of the thread
> you were using 2.6.18-53.1.14.el. Is that right?

Yes, that is right - that is the original thread - one of my iscsi
hosts, which I have deployed into about 50 machines is running that
above kernel - Centos 5.1;  and as we exchanged info earlier, it is
running the following version of open-iscsi:
 uname -a
Linux r04s25 2.6.18-53.1.14.el5 #1 SMP Wed Mar 5 11:37:38 EST 2008
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# iscsiadm -V
iscsiadm version 2.0-865
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# iscsistart -v
iscsistart version 2.0-865
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# modinfo scsi_transport_iscsi
filename:
/lib/modules/2.6.18-53.1.14.el5/kernel/drivers/scsi/scsi_transport_iscsi.ko
version:        2.0-865

--------------

In the last 2 days, I have deployed this iscsiRoot into about 50
machines, where a few test/QA folks commenced testing on them.  During
use ... they have noticed various symptoms such as:

1.  Root FileSystem becomes inaccessible, where one is unable to
perform any further work;  networking seems to be ok (ping'able from
the outside) but the session is stuck;  Meanwhile at the console, we
see the following messages:

scsi 6:0:0:0 rejecting I/O to dead device
EXT3-fs error (device sde1)

Upon restarting the box, the iscsiRoot mounted fine and seems like it
is ok again.

2.  This morning I checked the 3 other servers we left to observe and
noticed I am unable to ssh into the box (ssh connection is denied), I
walked over to check the console of one of the hosts the FS root is
still there, I can ls and cd into various directories, but when I try
to run a command such as "df" or "cat" to check the /var/log/messages
file for instance I get the following error:

iscsi:  cmd 0x28 is not queued (8)
end_request: I/O error, dev sde sector 3389502
-bash:  /bin/df:  Input/output error.

These issues I observed on the hosts that are actually being used
(running application tests, etc.) ... Another same box (my golden
image) booted iscsiroot on same OS and open-iscsi version does not
have problems, but it's not doing anything ....

I know we discussed that I should upgrade ... should I upgrade to the
current stable release?  Before I do, I'd like to know if the above
are known errors and why?

thanks in advance,

A.

--