HIMANSHU wrote:
> I) How to increase "replacement_timeout" on initiator?
>
>    echo 82400 > /sys/block/sdh/device/timeout
> or

Yeah, the timeout above is not the replacement_timeout so writing to
that sysfs file will not help.

>    After discovery,nodes & sendtargets are created.In nodes,there is
> "default" file.

> node.session.timeo.replacement_timeout = 120
> node.session.err_timeo.abort_timeout = 10
> node.session.err_timeo.reset_timeout = 30
> node.session.iscsi.FastAbort = Yes
> node.conn[0].timeo.logout_timeout = 15
> node.conn[0].timeo.login_timeout = 15
> node.conn[0].timeo.auth_timeout = 45
> node.conn[0].timeo.active_timeout = 5
> node.conn[0].timeo.idle_timeout = 60
> node.conn[0].timeo.ping_timeout = 5
> node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_interval = 10
> node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_timeout = 15
> Can these values be useful to me?Or only replacement timeout HIGH
> value and

Yes. This it the replacement_timeout you want to set. Run
iscsiadm -m node -T target -p ip:port -o update -n
node.session.timeo.replacement_timeout -v 82400

You can also edit the file by hand, but I would use iscsiadm in general
because it will handle changes in the file format for you.

> node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_interval = 0
> node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_timeout = 0
>
> as given in documentation will do?
> And 1 more "replacement timeout" is not available in target side?
> Right.Only to be changed on the initiator side.

Yeah, right. There is not target setting.

> Here's target's ietd file
> Target iqn.2008-04.com.qualexsystems:Tar1
>         Alias Tar1
>         Lun 1 Path=/dev/Vg1/Lv2,Type=fileio
>         Lun 0 Path=/dev/Vg1/Lv1,Type=fileio
>         HeaderDigest CRC32C,None
>         InitialR2T Yes
>         MaxBurstLength 262144
>         MaxRecvDataSegmentLength 8192
>         DataPDUInOrder Yes
>         ImmediateData No
>         MaxXmitDataSegmentLength 8192
>         FirstBurstLength 65536
>         MaxOutstandingR2T 8
>         DataSequenceInOrder Yes
>         DataDigest CRC32C,None
>         DefaultTime2Wait 2
>         MaxConnections 1
>         DefaultTime2Retain 20
>         ErrorRecoveryLevel 0
>         Wthreads 8

> II) After particular target "iqn.2008-04.com.qualexsystems:Tar1" is
> logged in to an initiator,is it Ethical to add LUN's on that target?

Yes. To find them on the initiator side you then would need to do

iscsiadm -m session --rescan

> III) If CHAP Bidirectional authentication is is given to 2 targets
> "Tar1" & "Tar2",Can same initiator machine can login to both targets?

Yes.

>      Because for 2nd targets login,"/etc/iscsi/iscsid.conf" on the
> initiator should be changed so that login can be possible.But here we
> are losing our previous target's authentication,when we overwrite
> "iscsid.conf" with "Tar2"s Uname & Pwd.
>
>      And still "Tar1" is logged in though "iscsid.conf" doesn't
> contain it's Authentication parameters,but contain "Tar2"'s.Is it
> accepted behavior or it is weird?Your views

iscsi.conf is only read when you do iscsiadm -m discovery ..... iscsiadm
will read iscsi.conf and put those values in
/etc/iscsi/nodes/target/portal/default.

So if you had different CHAP values for the targets they would get their
own default file in /etc/iscsi/nodes.

> IV) We are not using "Multipath".So i can't try your previous
> suggestion.
>
>     "Spring for an extra nic on the target and use multipath and set
> queue_if_no_path or "no_path_retry queue".
>    Is there any other way to make connections persistent?When i used
> "open-e(DSS)" as target machine,Initiator retained persistent
> connections after target restart.Our target restart code is already
> mentioned earlier.

Set the replacement_timeout how I describeed above.