Hello,

I am trying to use open-iscsi to connect to an FC storage via an ATTO
IPBridge 2700C. This is not a planned setup, but an emergency attempt
to regain access to the data after an FC switch failure.

I am using SLES 10.1 on the host. When trying to connect to the target
I get through the discovery stage successfully. When I log in,
iscsiadm returns success, but there are messages like

  sd 17:0:0:1: Device not ready: <6>: Current: sense key: Not Ready
       Additional sense: Logical unit not ready, cause not reportable

in the kernel log and the device never gets available.

I got the tcpdump from the host and it shows that the host repeatedly
sends "Test Unit Ready" requests and receives "Logical Unit Not Ready,
Initializing Cmd. Required (0x0402)" in response. "Mode Sense" and
"Read Capacity" get meaningful responses. Then the host does a "Read"
request and gets "Logical Unit Not Ready, Cause Not Reportable
(0x0400)".

I am running Open-iSCSI packaged by Novell (open-iscsi-2.0.707-0.32).
# iscsiadm -V
iscsiadm version 2.0-754

# uname -ri
2.6.16.46-0.12-smp x86_64

I have tried open-iscsi 869 from the Open-iSCSI repository but the
picture does not change much.

Having very little prior experience with iSCSI I am not sure what
Initializing Cmd. Required is supposed to mean.

Thank you,
        Dima