On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 5:30 PM, Bryan Mclellan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a debian etch (vmware guest) box running 2.6.18-6-686. With both
> open-iscsi 2.0.730-1etch1 and 2.0.869.2-2 (from sid) the system hangs when
> trying to log in to the MD3000i. Not having done this before I'm fooling
> around with directions from [1] and running:

  The 2.6.18 kernel that ships with etch has some problems with iscsi;
what worked for me was to divert the Debian iscsi modules and install
ones that I compiled from the open-iscsi tarball.  There should be
instructions on how to do that in the open-iscsi README.
  Alternatively, you can install a 2.6.25 or newer kernel; I preferred
to stay with the Debian kernel to get security updates and whatnot,
but I also tried 2.6.25 and it survived some amount of iscsi stress
testing.
  Cheers.