HIMANSHU wrote:
> I already tried 2 options specified by you.
>
> Here's the "iscsid.conf"
>
> (..) values are defaults.Already tried with them.
>
> node.startup = manual
> node.session.timeo.replacement_timeout = 86400(120)

Yes. This looks good. If you have it in iscsi.conf you then need to run
iscsiadm -m discovery .... again to pick up the new value.

> II) "dmseg" contains this after target-daemon restart......
>
> connection0:0: iscsi: detected conn error (1011)
>
> can something concluded from this err. no.1011?

This means there was a connection error.

I forgot, are you using IET? If so when you reboot/restart it, it will
just drop the connection. So we find out that the target is done when we
either figure out the tcp/ip connection is bad from the network layer or
if a iscsi ping times out. So it is expected and ok in the case where
you reboot your target.

What you would be worried about is if you see something like:
session recovery timed out after X secs

here X is node.session.timeo.replacement_timeout

We will queue the IO for node.session.timeo.replacement_timeout seconds
(during this time the scsi device state should say blocked). After
node.session.timeo.replacement_timeout the IO will be failed and you
will get FS errors and lots of bad things.