On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 12:52 -0700, David Miller wrote:
> From: Roland Dreier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 07:38:19 -0700
>
> > So you are creating sockets just to reserve TCP ports to avoid host
> > stack clashes with your offload engine?  Wasn't this approach strongly
> > rejected (in the context of iWARP) in the past?
>
> Yes, it was, and likewise similar hacks in other areas will
> be rejected similarly.

If we change the implementation to use a separate IP address and
separate MAC address for iSCSI, will it be acceptable?  The iSCSI IP/MAC
addresses will be unknown to the Linux TCP stack and so no sharing of
the 4-tuple space will be needed.

The patches will be very similar, except that all inet calls and
notifiers will be removed.