On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 01:17:17PM -0500, Mike Christie wrote:

> Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> > Hello list!
> >
> > Unfortunately I had to upgrade a server running CentOS 4.6 (sfnet
> > initiator)
> > to CentOS 5.1 (open-iscsi initiator) and now I have some problems with it
>
> You are using the open-iscsi code that comes with Centos right?

Yep, the default open-iscsi that comes with CentOS 5.1 (and the latest
updates installed).

> You can turn nops off
>
> open-iscsi
>  > node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_interval = 0
>  > node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_timeout = 0

Does turning nops off have any side effects?

> But I think the problem with promise was that it needed new firmware or
> something right? If it did not work with sfnet and open-iscsi then I
> think that was the problem. If it just did not work on open-iscsi then
> it may have been something else. Did you search the list by any chance?

Yep, I was searching.. I think same kind of problem with Infotrend target
was fixed with a firmware upgrade.

I'm running the latest firmware on that Promise.. so that doesn't help in
this case.

And yep, I had/have issues with both sfnet (CentOS 4) and open-iscsi (CentOS 5)
when I use this Promise target..

Here's some other recent thread about problems with the same target:
http://www.mail-archive.com/open-iscsi@googlegroups.com/msg00692.html

-- Pasi