On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 2:47 PM, Tomasz Chmielewski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> See http://wpkg.org/Diskless_/_remote_boot_with_Open-iSCSI on how to
> make a custom initrd for iSCSI booting.

Hi Tomasz ....

I used those instructions for Debian based distros ... for centos the
mkinitrd was really fast and quick - but this command generated an
initrd based on the running kernel ...

I was hoping there is a way of generating an initrd for Centos and
point to a non-running kernel .. or that is not possible?  I'm
relatively new to linux altogether .. so that may have been a wishful
thinking ...

- a.