Michael Kindermann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We receive errors below on a standard debian lenny/testing sytem since
> kernelupdate from 2.6.22-3-686 to latest debian-kernel 2.6.24-3-686. The
> iscsi-device is Eonstore E16A-2130.
> The open-iscsi deb package is 2.0.869.2-2. When we use the older kernel the
> errors disappear. Errors only happen during copying on the iscsi-devices.
> Is this behaviour a debian specific problem and I have to compile open-scsi?
>

> Jun 13 14:32:30 hg2 kernel:  connection1:0: iscsi: detected conn error (1011)
> Jun 13 14:32:31 hg2 iscsid: Kernel reported iSCSI connection 1:0 error (1011)
> state (3)
> Jun 13 14:32:41 hg2 kernel: iscsi: host reset succeeded

The READs or WRITEs from the copy operations are timing out. The SCSI
layer sets a timer on each command which is probably the default of 60
seconds (scsi layer sets to 30 and udev normal raises this to 60). If
the command does not complete in that time it starts the scsi error
handler and you end up getting these errors in the worst case where we
cannot just abort and restart the command or reset the device.

Are you copying to the iscsi device or from it (and are you then copying
to to/from a non-iscsi device), or is it mixed?

When you were using 2.6.22-3-686, were you also using the open-iscsi deb
package 2.0.869.2-2 or was it a older version.

On the broken setup could you run

iscsiadm -m session -P 3

and send all the output?