Alex M. wrote:
> I have a Linux machine running as a target with LVM-backed devices and
> the setup is working fine. However, when I change the size of one of
> the underlying devices, the initiators (running open-iscsi 2.0-865)
> don't pick up the change. I know that if I logout the entire session
> and then log in again it works fine, but I have a number of active
> LUNs that I can't afford to take offline just to resize one. So I'm
> assuming I need a way to remove the lun on the initiator and then re-
> add it. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to do it. (I've already
> deleted and readded the lun on the target side using ietadm which
> worked fine.)
>
> What I need is something along the lines of 'iscsiadm -m session --op
> delete --lun 6'. Sadly, googling for "iscsiadm" constantly returns
> results for the Solaris implementation which really isn't helping me
> any. :) Any help is greatly appreciated.

iscsiadm -m session -r $SID --rescan

you get the SID from iscsiadm -m session (it is the value in the []) or
if you do iscsiadm -m session -P 3 you can see which session lines with
with which lun.

or

iscsiadm -m node -T target --rescan

or you can just take the lazy way and do

iscsiadm -m session --rescan

which rescans everything.

The above commands will rescan existing devices and add new ones. It
will not remove old ones.

But if you have a disk mounted or have something like LVM or
dm-multipath using a disk then you probably need to run one of those
tools to pick up the change there.

Oh yeah I do not remember if this is in 865. It might only be in the
newer 865.X and new 869 releases on open-iscsi.org.

> P.S. Is there any way to have iscsiadm list all currently connected

iscsiadm -m session -P 3

will spit out lots of info including this.

> luns? I can do iscsiadm -m node|session|etc but none of these are
> granular enough to show all the luns being provided by that particular
> target.

http://www.open-iscsi.org/docs/README is for the newer 869 release, but
I think most of it applies to 865. If not then check out the README with
that release (older 865's may not have up to date READMEs though).