Hi Michael,

The spec on NAStape 250 says the transfer rate is 16MBps:

http://www.ciao.com/Spectra_Logic_NAStape_250__10120006

I think it is most likely the target, the enclosure in this case, that
is slowing things down. The native transfer rate for LTO4 is 120MBps and
LTO3 at 80MBps. I have tested LTO3 drive with HiFN's Sypher iSCSI box
and got 56MBps with 256K writes. This is with encryption on. Passthrough
speed was even faster. I was using open-iscsi and dt so I don't think
open-iscsi is at fault for the low performance you experienced.

Regards,
Charles Chou