Dominik L. Borkowski wrote:

> We're using OpenSUSE 10.3 with open-iscsi-2.0.866-15.2 and
> 2.6.22.18-0.2-default SMP i686 kernel. [OpenSUSE 11 with
> open-iscsi-2.0.869-8.1 had another set of issues, we couldn't even login
> properly].

Weird. We had this guy that tested the heck with wasabi, and had not
seen any bug reports about it for a long time. Now in this last week we
have two or three bug reports on it.

Has wasabi done a firmware update or are you using a older firmware?

I am ccing another users that reported issues with wasabi the other day.
Ken, what firmware are you using?

There definately seems to be an issue with the initiator sending nops.
For Ken's problem we turned them off and that fixed the flood of these:

Jun 26 11:06:18 draugluin iscsid: Nop-out timedout after 15 seconds on
connection 6:0 state (3). Dropping session.
Jun 26 11:06:19 draugluin iscsid: connection6:0 is operational after
recovery

and the slow down that results.

But Ken still has a slown down in IO.

Dominik, to turn off nops set
node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_interval = 0
node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_timeout = 0

You can set that in iscsi.conf then redo discovery to pick them up.

But I would like to get the bottom of the problem.

Could you guys try
http://www.open-iscsi.org/bits/open-iscsi-2.0-869.2.tar.gz
With nops back on (set those noop values to 10 for testing). Then could
you send me a wireshark/ethereal trace? I do not need a lot of data just
when you see the first

Jun 26 11:06:18 draugluin iscsid: Nop-out timedout after 15 seconds on
connection 6:0 state (3). Dropping session.
Jun 26 11:06:19 draugluin iscsid: connection6:0 is operational after
recovery

in the log, stop the trace and send it.