From: open-iscsi@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mike Christie
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 3:40 PM
To: open-iscsi@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: MaxCmdSN not set after auto login

Mike Christie wrote:
> Arvind Jain wrote:
>> Mike.
>> Thanks for quick response. Following are the answer to your questions:
>>
>> Q. When the initiator logs back in, is the target sending a MaxCmdSN and
>> ExpCmdSn that indicates the window is smaller?
>>
>> A. Yes
>>
>> Q. Are you digging in the code by any chance?
>> A. I did a bit. Need to look more.
>>
>> Q. Did you see if libiscsi.c:iscsi_update_cmdsn() is updateing the values
>> correctly?
>>
>> A. Not yet. Will look deeper.
>>

> If you could use
> http://www.open-iscsi.org/bits/open-iscsi-2.0-869.2.tar.gz
> just build it with
> make DEBUG_SCSI=1 DEBUG_TCP=1
> make DEBUG_SCSI=1 DEBUG_TCP=1 install
>
> Then do your test (unload the old modules if they are loaded and then
> modprobe iscsi_tcp again to get the new modules that are installed
> above) and send the /var/log/messages output I can see what is getting
> updated in the driver/code.

You might not have to go to all that trouble. I think I found the
problem. We leave the original sequence window values set, so if you try
to update them initially then we will not take them because they are
smaller than what they were before.

With the attached patch we should pick them up. The patch is made over
http://www.open-iscsi.org/bits/open-iscsi-2.0-869.2.tar.gz