Mike Christie escreveu:
> Marcos Gileno wrote:

>>> What is it that you are intending to do? If you are just looking to use
>>> iSCSI
>>> I would recommend you first play with the Open-ISCSI initator (I presume you
>>> already have an iSCSI target?). If you want no CPU load when doing iSCSI,
>>> then
>>> the hardware HBA's are the choice.
>>>

>> What I intend is to have the best performance and reliability storage as
>> cheaper as possible...
>> So, I already tested the open-iscsi target and iniciator on a fedora
>> box. The results were not
>> so good, the best result were with a fedora target and windows XP
>> iniciator.
>>

> I do not think I have ever heard that result before. For fedora target
> do you mean, scsi-target-utils rpm that comes with fedora or is it a
> IET/iscsi-target based rpm?

Unfortunately I don´t have it... I tested it at the end of last year,
and a used the package that came with fedora at that time.
But I clearly remember that with XP it was transparently and worked
fine. And from linux to linux I had some little problems to
even make it work out. So I wrote to the list, and somebody told me that
there was some problem with the
iniciator package for linux...

--
Marcos G. M. Santos