Jesper Krogh wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I've got a Nexsan iSCSI array. It has 4 different "data-adresses" that I
> can all discover and get access to the volumes on the array through.
>
> But I'd prefer that my client instead of connnection to a single data-address
> connected to all of them and balanced over them in order to distribute the
> load automatically. Otherwise I have to manually tie up my clients to
> specific data-ipadresses on the array.
>
> Is that doable?

Presumably, you could use something like multipath to manage this, but
unless these addresses are accessed over different network hardware,
there's no distribution of load possible.

Regards

Matthew

begin:vcard
fn:Matthew Wild
n:Wild;Matthew
org:Science and Technology Facilities Council;Space Science and Technology Department
adr:Chilton;;Rutherford Appleton Laboratory;Didcot;Oxfordshire;OX11 0QX;United Kingdom
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:UK Solar System Project Manager
tel;work:+44 (0)1235 445173
x-mozilla-html:FALSE