Ming was saying that the iet dev list is a general list for both
development work and also for help with using the product.  Unlike
most open source projects, the IET project does not have a separate
"users" list from the "dev" list, so posting your use question in the
dev list is an acceptable method of trying to obtain help - after, of
course, you've searched the iet development list archives for the
problem and determined it hasn't already been discussed.

I don't think Ming was trying to be rude - just trying to offer a
quick answer to point you back at the IET dev list. :-)

-Nick