Hi, my question is the same as this discussion, where someone wants to
change the session.timeo.session_replacement value of a root filesystem,
which is mounted over iscsi in the initrd phase.

http://www.mail-archive.com/open-iscsi@googlegroups.com/msg00181.html

I am using iscsistart to access the iscsi target in my initrd, chrooting
and exec'ing my init to start my system. After my system boots, I want
to update the session timeout value so that if my ethernet is unplugged,
my root filesystem will remain alive, and the scsi layer does not
receive a message that the disk was disconnected.

1)

To do this, I am starting iscsid with no nodes defined in
/etc/iscsi/nodes, and using command "/sbin/iscsiadm -m node -T TARGET -p
IP:PORT -o new" (which I was able to use for iscsistart in the initrd
phase). I then see the db populated as there is a directory and
configuration file in /etc/iscsi/nodes/TARGET.

Now my goal is to adjust the timeout setting of the live session which
my root is mounted on, so I am updating the live session like this:

"/sbin/iscsiadm -m node -T TARGET -o update -n
node.session.timeo.replacement_timeout -v 2400"

When I do this, my /etc/iscsi/nodes/TARGET/IP,PORT file is removed,
replaced with a directory named /etc/iscsi/nodes/TARGET/IP,PORT,-1 , and
a config file called default inside there.

I would appreciate any help, I know I must be doing something wrong.

2)
Can I circumvent all of this work and simply change the timeout in
/etc/iscsi/iscsid.conf and when iscsid is started, the timeout on my
root filesystem will be set to the value in iscsid.conf?

Thank you
Rick Blundell