Hi Doron,

Doron Shoham wrote:
>> Actually this was bad. If we have to wait for the login_timeout to fire
>> then initial_login_retry_max = 4 was a nice round number and the max
>> time we had to wait was 1 minute. If I just increase it (tried 45
>> stupidly first), it increases the possible max default wait to 11
>> minutes :(
>>
>> So what I did was make initial_login_retry_max just be the max number of
>> initial iscsi login timeouts we can withstand and then let other initial
>> login failures retry for up to initial_login_retry_max * login_timeout.
>
> Have you change something in the code?
> I can't see any change in the git.
> Can you please explain your calculation again?
>
> I wanted to know if we are going to change back the init script.
> If the problem is to wait for the spanning tree, does increasing the
> initial_login_retry_max should do the work?
>
> Currently the init script causes other bugs.

If you promise to test me the script with the STP fixes I'll be willing
to add it. Sadly I don't have time currently to do any decent testing here,
but I'm always open to patches :-)

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke                   zSeries & Storage
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                             +49 911 74053 688