Hi Mike!

Thank you for the fast reply.

Mike Christie schrieb:
> I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but you can control
> which sessions get made.
If I get you right your solution is not excactly what I want.
> Do you have multiple portals per target and so
> we can create a session through each portal to the same target?
> Something like this:
>
> # iscsiadm -m node
> 20.15.0.12:3260,1 iqn.2001-04.com.home:meanminna
> 20.15.0.100:3260,1 iqn.2001-04.com.home:meanminna
>
> And right now we create two sessions (one through each portal on the
> target)? If so you can run
>
> iscsiadm -m node -T target -p ip:port,tpgt -o update -n node.startup -v
> manual

This means I can set the initiator on one specific node not to start the
session automatically?

It would be possible to use this approach, but it seems to me no robust
solution. The handling of the manual sessions
have to be driven by the HA-System (heartbeat). I case of split brain
this will give a session to both machines - and booom!

I think the a robust solution have to be a session counting instance and
thus at best located
at the target side.

Is there really no Target-side appoach?

Is it possible to limit the number of sessions via the authentification
of the session (e.g. a Radius service )?

Best regards,

Volker

   inqbus it-consulting      +49 ( 341 )  5643800
   Dr.  Volker Jaenisch      http://www.inqbus.de
   Herloßsohnstr.    12      0 4 1 5 5    Leipzig
   N  O  T -  F Ä L L E      +49 ( 170 )  3113748