I Let's say I have two machines: the target and initiator. I created
one 50GB lun and exported (as in specified which subnet can see them)
to the initiator, which saw it as /dev/sdc. Then, I created another
lun and also exported to the same machine. Would I need to restart the
iscsi in the initiator to see it there? Because if I do that, it seems
the device names associated with those luns will change. Is there a
way to keep them static?

Also, do I have to restart the iscsi-target whenever I change its
config? If so, what is the effect to the initiator if I am just making
new luns available?