Hi, I am trying to connect to an iSCSI volume from my Ubuntu 8.10
32bit server install.

This is what I have done:
sudo apt-get install open-iscsi
sudo pico /etc/iscsi/iscsid.conf  and set node.startup = automatic
sudo sudo iscsiadm -m discovery -t sendtargets -p 192.168.xxx.xxx

which returned 3 lines of things like this  "iqn.
2006-01.com.openfiler:tsn.exodus" of which I only wanted that specific
one.

sudo /etc/init.d/open-iscsi restart

this made 3 logins into each of the 3 things above.   Since I only
wanted one of the three, I looked around, and found the directories
matching their names, and deleted all info regarding the two that I
didn't want.  At that point, doing a
sudo /etc/init.d/open-iscsi restart
only listed one login message.  Here is what comes up

$ sudo /etc/init.d/open-iscsi restart
 * Disconnecting iSCSI
targets                                           [ OK ]
 * Stopping iSCSI initiator
service                                      [ OK ]
 * Starting iSCSI initiator service
iscsid                               [ OK ]
 * Setting up iSCSI targets
Login session [iface: default, target: iqn.
2006-01.com.openfiler:tsn.exodus, portal: 192.168.xxx.xxx,3260]

[ OK ]
$ sudo /etc/init.d/open-iscsi status
Current active iSCSI sessions:
iscsiadm: Could not get host for sid 1.
iscsiadm: could not get host_no for session 6.
iscsiadm: could not find session info for session1
iscsiadm: Can not get list of active sessions (6)

The first command looks to be fine, but then when I do a status, it
shows errors.  I dont know if I can mount the volume at this point,
nor do I know how to, since no dev is listed...

I tried compiling a new version of open-iscsi but I can't figure out
what to do.
Here is what I did:
sudo apt-get install build-essential
Then I installed the kernel headers by using synaptic

I then went into the open-iscsi-2.0-870 directory using the terminal,
and typed in
sudo make install

But it ends with a failed message.  There are a lot of errors, this is
the first one

In file included from usr/iscsid.c:
34:
usr/mgmt_ipc.h:23:22: error: iscsi_if.h: No such file or directory
In file included from usr/mgmt_ipc.h:24,
                 from usr/iscsid.c:34:
usr/config.h:204: error: ‘TARGET_NAME_MAXLEN’ undeclared here (not in
a function)

The end is
usr/iscsid.c: In function ‘sync_session’:
usr/iscsid.c:196: error: ‘CAP_FW_DB’ undeclared (first use in this
function)
usr/iscsid.c:196: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once
usr/iscsid.c:196: error: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [usr/iscsid] Error 1

I could paste the whole thing if needed...

What should I do?