Hi Mike,

I changed the timeouts in the open-iscsi  conf file
node.session.timeo.replacement_timeout - changed from the 120
default) to 0
node.session.initial_login_retry_max  - changed from 4 (default) to 40.

With these changes open-iscsi initiator logs back in but the session
State is not correct and we could not send any I/O's over it.

before deleting target
> iSCSI Connection State: LOGGED IN
>               iSCSI Session State: LOGGED_IN
>               Internal iscsid Session State: NO CHANGE
>
> after target deleted
> iSCSI Connection State: TRANSPORT WAIT
>               iSCSI Session State: FREE
>               Internal iscsid Session State: REPOEN