Vincent Guo wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I have a problem with installing open-iscsi only by moving files:

Huh? Does this have anything to do with the problem in the Subject?

> 1. I have a open-iscis version (2.0-870.1)  already installed  on a linux
> system.
> Now I want to move this version to another linux system(with same
> configuration as the one already installed).
>
> I copied the 2 binary files : iscsid and iscsiadm to the folder /usr/sbin;
> then copied the 3 ko files: iscsi_tcp.ko , libiscsi.ko and
> scsi_transport_iscsi.ko to the folder //lib/modules/`uname
> -r`/kernel/drivers/scsi/
>
> but when I try to start the iscsid, it fails.
>
> What other files shold I copy, or do I need other configurations ?

Why can't you just build and install on the new box? What was the error
iscsid failed with (look in /var/log/messages for possibly more info)?
You also need the /etc/iscsi dir, and the initiatorname.iscsi file in
/etc/iscsi. You will also want /etc/iscsi/iscsid.conf. And if you want
the portals that you already discovered you will basically just want
everything in /etc/iscsi (there are some node and sendtargets dirs).

You probably also need the init script (/etc/init.d/open-iscsi).