Hello,

I'm still deaing with HP MPX100 connectivity. When starting iSCSI (open-iscsi-
2.0.707-0.32, SLES10 SP1) I see the message:
iscsiadm: no records found!

In syslog I see a message
iscsid: an InitiatorAlias= is required, but was not found in
/etc/iscsi/initiatorname.iscsi

That file has (besides comments) only a "InitiatorName=" line in it. I could
not
find any documentation on this specific file, nor do I know what that alias is
used for or should look like.

How essential is the "Alias" for proper operation (The initiator could log into
the target? What would the valid syntax or convention be? (Sorry, newbe)

Regards,
Ulrich