Evan Broder wrote:
> Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 02:57:44PM -0500, Evan Broder wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah. Our storage network is completely isolated, so we thought about
>>> trying to disable CHAP, but we couldn't find an option to turn it off in
>>> the Equallogic config.
>>>

>> In your volume properties, add access with just the IP address. Remove any
>> username access entries.
>>
>> I'm using EQL volumes without CHAP.
>>
>> -- Pasi
>>

> Hmm, ok. So it's possible to turn off CHAP, but that doesn't really seem
> like it's the issue here; from my layman's reading of the logs, the

Yeah, like I said in the other thread, we should be fine with it on.

> authentication failures come off as a side-effect of mis-matched state
> between the initiator and the target, does it not?

This should not really happen. It has not in the past with these
targets. When the initiator starts a login/reconnect, the target will
figure out that we are trying to relogin and it will do the right thing
(this is part of the the iscsi spec). We should not get that error.

Is the only log error that bit about:

iqn.2001-05.com.equallogic:0-8a0906-2b6e7d402-891497db5ca48925-xvm-volume-1'
from initiator '10.5.128.16:53712, iqn
1993-08.org.debian:01:bce099ff4d44' was closed.