Evan Broder wrote:
> Mike Christie wrote:
>> Is the only log error that bit about:
>>
>> iqn.2001-05.com.equallogic:0-8a0906-2b6e7d402-891497db5ca48925-xvm-volume-1'
>>
>> from initiator '10.5.128.16:53712, iqn
>> 1993-08.org.debian:01:bce099ff4d44' was closed.
> Yeah, that's the only thing that ever shows up. It's immediately
> followed by a successful reconnection.

What firmware do you have, and did yo just start seeing these with a
target firmware upgrade or a iscsi/ubuntu upgrade?

Have you contacted the Equallogic guys? If not I will ping them if they
do not reply. They might be busy or have not seen the thread here.

If you can play around on the box, it would be helpful to run the
open-iscsi tarball release. Build it with

make DEBUG_TCP=1 make DEBUG_SCSI=1

then do

make DEBUG_TCP=1 make DEBUG_SCSI=1 install

This will overwrite the existing kernel modules and tools with the
open-iscsi ones, so do not this if you cannot mess around with the box
and reinstall the ubuntu kernel and tools.

This will dump out a lot of info in /var/log/messages, but we are just
looking for the part before you see these:

Dec  8 00:50:36 aperture-science kernel: [1010621.595904]
connection1:0: iscsi: detected conn error (1011)

You might see something about a TCP_CLOSE.