Boaz Harrosh wrote:

>> +    if (!ddp) {
>> +            ddp_log_warn("%s unable to alloc ddp 0x%d, ddp disabled.\n",
>> +                         tdev->name, ppmax);
>> +            return 0;
>> +    }
>> +    ddp->gl_map = (struct cxgb3i_gather_list **)(ddp + 1);
>> +    ddp->gl_skb = (struct sk_buff **)(((char *)ddp->gl_map) +
>> +                                      ppmax *
>> +                                      sizeof(struct cxgb3i_gather_list *));
>> +    spin_lock_init(&ddp->map_lock);
>> +
>> +    ddp->tdev = tdev;
>> +    ddp->pdev = uinfo.pdev;
>> +    ddp->max_txsz = min_t(unsigned int, uinfo.max_txsz, ULP2_MAX_PKT_SIZE);
>> +    ddp->max_rxsz = min_t(unsigned int, uinfo.max_rxsz, ULP2_MAX_PKT_SIZE);
>
> Please note that from what I understand, only the out-going headers can be
> big, like iscsi_cmd header. But the in-coming headers are always
> size_of(struct iscsi_hdr).
> So there is no symmetry here. Actually only iscsi_cmd can get big, the other
> out-going
> data packets are with small headers, but I guess that is an open-iscsi
> limitation.
>
> Mike correct me if I'm wrong?

Yeah, correct. Other iscsi pdus like tmfs and scsi data out could have
ahs but we do not support it. You did the code, so I assumed you only
did what you needed and could test.

On the recv side, I thought scsi cmd response or scsi data-in could have
ahses, but libiscsi_tcp/libiscsi just reads as much as it can in and
does not process it (actually it only reads in as much buffer space as
it has then fails if we overflow). I believe Olaf did this code to be
complete as he could with the existing code for the future, and to make
sure his abstraction would work for ahs if we needed it.