I have a Dell MD3000i connected to a PowerEdge 2950 server running
out-of-box CentOS 5.2 64-bit, unpatched, on an isolated test LAN.

I also purchased the snapshot premium feature.

Using the included Modular Disk Storage Manager, I successfully activated
the premium feature, and manually created two RAID 5 arrays + 1 hot spare.
By manually, I used MDSM instead of letting the software automatically
allocate all disk space for me.  I deliberately selected manual and
allocated 50 GB minus the 550 GB of each of the two RAID 5s, thus RAID 5
#1 (call it fs1) = 550 GB - 50 GB for snapshots = 500 GB for RAID 5, 50 GB
for snapshots; same for RAID 5 #2 (call it fs2).

Log back in to the md3000i via iscsiadm, perform an fdisk -l, and see 4 x
500 GB partitions (2 x 500 GB per RAID 5, 2 x 500 GB per snapshot).

A few questions now -

- how do I actually create snapshots of fs1 and fs2?   What specific
command do I use, and what specific options do I give it?  No
documentation I have, including the index of CLI commands, gives a good
enough idea/hint of this

- how do I access/view the location where the snapshots are
stored/created (to retrieve data if needed)

- under MDSM's disk groups and virtual disks, it shows 500 GB for fs1, 500
GB for snapshot, and 50 GB for snapshot-repo.   What/where is the 50 GB?
Fdisk -l doesn't show it.

Thanks.

Scott