Hi,

I'm getting this error on a CentOS 5.2 (i686) box connected via iSCSI to a
Infortrend A16E storage array:

ping timeout of 5 secs expired, last rx 1249707505, last ping 1249712505,
now 1249717505
 connection2:0: iscsi: detected conn error (1011)
ping timeout of 5 secs expired, last rx 1252596366, last ping 1252595336,
now 1252606366
 connection2:0: iscsi: detected conn error (1011)

As Mike said in this mail [1]:

This happens when we cannot reach the target for the noop timout and
interval seconds, which can happen if a cable is unplugged or the network
is not reach able or is dropping packets.

We have more than 10 servers connected to the same array, but we only get
this "warning" in one server (using the same hardware, switch, etc..).

It's very extrange.. there aren't network problems in the switch or in the
Linux box, all apears OK, a simple "ping" between the Linux box and the
array don't loss any packet, 100% of the packets are transmitted without
problems.

This is the target configuration in Open-iSCSI:

# iscsiadm -m node -p 10.15.17.133:3260 | grep -i time
node.session.timeo.replacement_timeout = 120
node.session.err_timeo.abort_timeout = 15
node.session.err_timeo.lu_reset_timeout = 30
node.session.err_timeo.host_reset_timeout = 60
node.session.iscsi.DefaultTime2Retain = 0
node.session.iscsi.DefaultTime2Wait = 2
node.conn[0].timeo.logout_timeout = 15
node.conn[0].timeo.login_timeout = 15
node.conn[0].timeo.auth_timeout = 45
node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_interval = 5
node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_timeout = 5

timeo.noop_out_interval and noop_out_timeout has default values, not
changed.

What means "iscsi: detected conn error"? It's really a problem, or only a
warning?

I have changed the wire to Cat6, but we still get the same errors, what can
I do to solve this and what is the reason? And really maybe a network
problem between initiator and target? thanks!

Regards,

[1] http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/6/25/299

--
Santi Saez