Andreas Bergstrøm wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am trying to get iSCSI offloading working on a Dell PowerEdge R805
> with a Broadcom network card. I have managed to get bnx2i working, but
> not together with open-iscsi, as the version packaged with Ubuntu 8.04
> server is too old.
>
> Has anyone else gotten bnx2i and open-iscsi to work along? I tried
> converting the .rpm Dell provides for this card, but as the kernel is
> 2.6.24, building fails for open-iscsi (bnx2 and bnx2i works fine:
>
>   No rule to make target `linux_2_6_24', needed by `kernel_check'.  Stop
>
> I see that the latest has bnx2i support defined, but I can't seem to
> get the bnx2i driver to linkup with the changes from Ubuntu 8.04s
> linux kernel headers.

Did you get some drivers and userspace tools from Dell? Were the tools
open-iscsi based?

bnx2i is not in the upstream kernel so the support in the distro tools
and open-iscsi.org tools may not be complete. bnx2i is changing its
driver and firmware so the tools support is on hold until broadcom is
done with those changes.