Bart,

My use of the term partitions is terrible abuse ofcourse. I mean the
CHS layout ofcourse.

I've a semi-production test setup where I will apply these changes and
see what happens. The setup is far from ideal because if have some
cheap-ass 3com switches which don't support jumbo frames or 802.3ad
dynamic link aggregation. However, storage is already generating some
load without link saturation so we should see something happen.

I'll post my findings in about 2 weeks.

Have a nice holiday!

Eric