Ulrich,

You're most probably right. Nonetheless, I still believe that *in
theory*, taking disk geometry into account, you can improve speed.
However, the gain would be marginal and at the loss of CPU.
Anyway, it's not really my field of expertise, so I actually shouldn't
be having this discussion with you ;).

The problem is indeed with the software scheduler. Due to misaligment,
one page on the initiator would require two pages on the target.

Kind regards,

Eric