Tomasz Chmielewski schrieb:

> Some more details:
>
> - rootfs is connected to the target using 100 Mbit LAN

(...)

> - kjournald is in D state (probably trying to access inaccessible
> device), which is interesting and may be the reason why everything seems
> to freeze?

I lowered the replacement_timeout to 300 seconds and when it passes,
device shows I/O errors and finally rootfs is accessible.

So this is what happens:

- VPN link dies for some reason; access to the slow target is down
- access to the rootfs on the target in LAN is deadlocked (?) until the
session to the slow target times out

Hmm?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski