I've run iozone over a new iscsi mount that we're configuring. The
client is RedHat 5, the server is Solaris on a Sun X4500 (thumper)
with the ZFS filesystem. On the client side, things are formatted with
the ext3 filesystem running on an LVM partition. I've posted by iozone
results:

http://wnelto.people.wm.edu/iozone.htm

It appears that, for most tests, there is a large performance penalty
when the file size hits 4 or 8 GB. I suspect I'm missing something
obvious here. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Norman Elton
College of William & Mary