On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 8:50 PM, Norm <normel...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> How much RAM is present in the ZFS server ?
>>

> The ZFS server has 16GB. The client has 2GB (I'm not sure how iSCSI
> caching works, if any).

Apparently iozone has been run with the following command line options:

iozone -Raz -b /tmp/iozone.wks -g 8g

This means that you have been measuring how well Linux can cache reads
and writes to block devices instead of the iSCSI performance. The
iozone options -o and/or -+r might help to bypass Linux' block device
cache.

Bart.