chava45 wrote:
> Mike,
> Yes i rebooted it and checked the kernel version with uname -a
> it is showing the latest kernel . But the issue still persits.
> the message that I see is from tail -f /var/log/messages
>
> Here is log file messages
> Jan 15 11:29:52 rac2 syslogd 1.4.1: restart.
> Jan 15 11:30:01 rac2 kernel: ping timeout of 5 secs expired, last rx
>nn

Do you only see these errors when you are rebooting the box and iscsi
sessions are logged in? If so that is a setup problem. Let's try to
tackle one problem at a time.

First, you had a problem finding disks or something right (thought you
should have sda but seeing only sga in /dev)? Could you boot into the
new kernel. When that is done, start the iscsi service. At this time in
/var/log/messages send me the log outpout for the login. You should see
something like this:

iscsi: registered transport iscsi_tcp

then some info about disks getting found. Something like this:
kernel: sd 0:0:0:0: ..... some info about the disks .....

Could you send all this output? Could you also run

iscsiadm -m session -P 3

and send that output?