Nikhil Talpallikar wrote:
> Hi,
> I cannot login to a target if I do a discovery via iSNS server, but if I do

Are you doing

iscsiadm -m discovery -t isns

> discovery using SendTarget method I can login........
> I could figure out something.....but i am not able to resolve it.....
>
> When I do discovery via ST the req->flags (Login PDU flags) are set
> to ISCSI_FLG_CSG_SECURITY, which calls CHAP authentication method.
>
> But when I do a discovery via iSNS server req->flags are set
> to ISCSI_FLG_CSG_LOGIN due to which it does not use CHAP authentication.

It might be a bug in the open-iscsi setup code.

Do you have the CHAP settings in /etc/iscsi/iscsid.conf

?

Then when you do

iscsiadm -m discovery -t isns

for the targets found if you do

iscsiadm -m node -T your_target -p ip:port

When it spits out the node info do you see the CHAP settings that should
get used?

What version of the open-iscsi tools are using? Are then from
open-iscsi.org or from a distro?