On 20 Jan 2009 at 13:33, Mike Christie wrote:

> Ulrich Windl wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > this is a quote from "HP StorageWorks EVA iSCSI Connectivity Option 7.1
> > release
> > notes":
> >
> > mpx100 and CHAP security with Linux not supported
> >
> > The CHAP setup with the Linux iSCSI initiator 3.6.3 is not supported with
> > the
> > mpx100. The Linux iSCSI driver omits CHAP security negotiations at login.
> >

> I think this is referring to a old initiator (linux-iscsi based),
> because that 3.6.3 is a old linux-iscsi version.
>
> I talked to some HP engineer when this issue came up the other month and
> they said it works fine with open-iscsi.
>
> Could you describe again what is going wrong?

Basically the manual has no instruction on setting up CHAP as they say it does
not
work. It seems if you set the Initiator to "Linux" (on the MPX100), the MPX100
disables CHAP. I can't get around that firmware restriction. The actual meaning
of
the "OS" when configuring an initiator is not documented as well. Bad...

> Does discovery work with CHAP? Does CHAP work with normal sessions? What
> error are you getting? Are you setting the

CHAP on discovery seemed to work; CHAP on session seemed to fail.
Unfortunately there seems to be no error log, so I cannot remember the error
messages. I'm debugging a different problem at the moment, and all the LAN
cabling
will change soon, so I try to avoid making new experiments while these other
tasks
are going on. Hopefully I can resolve those other problems to concentrate on
the
details here.

To the paying support customer HP does not seem to have any support person
available, so I must find (and analyze) the bugs in their software. Only then,
maybe, they'll fix them.

> node.session.auth.*
>
> and the
>
> discovery.sendtargets.auth.*

Yes I had set them both to CHAP (in iscsid.conf), but a discovery did not
propagate them to existing targes, so I had to remove the correspondig files
and
rediscover (Editing the many target's files was considered to be "unelegant" by
me)

Regards,
Ulrich